Sunday, July 24, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
I have been using this lens with my canon 550d.
- Good IQ - some say even better then the canon 17-55
- Useful focal length for a crop - wide to medium telephoto
- Light weight / compact size
- Solid Build
- Much cheaper then canon 17-55
- Auto focus accuracy - especially in low light - is dicey
- LOUD auto focus
- Zoom ring swivels the opposite direction of canon lenses (left for wide)
- Slower auto focus
The Tammy 17-50 is the advanced amateurs tool, for creative photography. You need some patients to learn how to maximize the auto focus (aim for good light + contrast / color for best results)
This is not the best tool for fast grab shots at a wedding, but with skill and patients you can produce awesome images.
Posted by Daniel Kampner at 5:56 AM